“People take risks because most of the time they don’t know the risk they are taking. It’s not because they make a rational calculation of the risks.”
– Professor Daniel Kahneman, 2002 Nobel Prize Winner
Advanced Risk Assessment System
FlightRisk is an advanced risk assessment system that automatically identifies the hazards and risk mitigation procedures that are most relevant to your flight. Unlike subjective hazard scoring systems (i.e., FRATs), FlightRisk is objective: It is based on published regulations, rules, and procedures. FlightRisk goes beyond compliance; it helps facilitate action!
Traditional risk assessment systems rely on pilots’ perceptions of risk. Since perceptions are shaped by experience, a lack of relevant experience can result in a misperception of risk. If pilots do not have the right experience, how can we expect them to correctly assess the risk for:
- an airfield they have never seen?
- a procedure they have never flown?
- conditions they have never experienced?
Simply giving pilots access to more information is not enough. Information can be overwhelming. It is unrealistic to expect pilots to know – or remember – all of the applicable rules, procedures, regulations, handbooks, manuals, reports, brochures, bulletins, etc., relating to their flight. Given the unforgiving nature of aviation, forgetting one critical piece of information can have catastrophic consequences.
FlightRisk solves the problem of information overload by analyzing a variety of factors – pilot, environmental, aircraft, and airfield – to find the information that is most relevant to a pilot’s flight. By providing context to information, we make it meaningful. This helps transform information into knowledge. Knowledge is the “know-how”; it is a prerequisite for effective decision-making – and better decision-making means fewer incidents and accidents.
FlightRisk automatically pulls information from the flight schedule, reducing the need for double data entry.
Data is aggregated from a variety of sources…
then analyzed using an advanced rules engine...
to identify the hazards that are most relevant to the flight. If applicable, automated notifications can be sent to pre-selected individuals or groups.
Why wait to mitigate? By syncing your flight schedule with FlightRisk, you can receive advanced warnings about hazards several days before the flight.
Flight Planning Integration
FlightRisk assessments are automatically generated with your ARINCDirect flight plan.
FlightRisk incorporates Pulsar Informatics’ Fatigue Meter™ technology, allowing users to see how fatigue – in combination with other risk factors – affects a flight. Note: Requires scheduling integration.
All hazards are tracked, and all risk assessments are stored for historical insights.
- Automated analysis saves time and effort
- Comprehensive one-stop-shop for pre-flight information
- Objective analysis of pre-flight hazards for better decision-making
- Create custom advisories based on your company’s policies and procedures
- Automated notifications streamline communications among flight operations personnel
- Aggregated insights and historical hazard trending help improve your safety training program
- Helps leaders understand the risks facing flight operations
- Facilitates management oversight of the pre-flight risk process
- Provides peace-of-mind knowing your crews have the information to make the best decisions